AnsweredAssumed Answered

Feature Service Symbology not as Expected

Question asked by TWSAdmin on Nov 27, 2012
Latest reply on Apr 15, 2014 by simon.uyttendaele-esribelux-com-esridist
In ArcMap I add a single layer (wilderness areas in the U.S.) and symbolize all polygons with the same symbol from the ESRI Optimized style (100-year Flood Overlay).  This symbol is a diagonal hatching.  The only change I make is to the outline and hatching color, and I choose one of the colors from the ESRI Optimized style.  I then publish the map document to our organization's ArcGIS Online (AGOL) site as a feature service, allowing only the 'Query' operation under 'Feature Access'. 

When I open the 'Details' page for the resulting service and click the link found under 'Layers', the  'Drawing Info:' section specifies (see below) that a simple diagonal fill and a simple line outline are to be used in rendering the polygons and that the color of both the outline and diagonal fill is the same (a green). 

[INDENT]Renderer:
Simple Renderer:
Symbol:
Simple Fill Symbol:
Style: esriSFSBackwardDiagonal, Color: [92, 137, 68, 255]
Outline:
Simple Line Symbol:
Style: esriSLSSolid, Color: [92, 137, 68, 255], Width: 0.4
Label:
Description:
Transparency: 0
Labeling Info: N/A[/INDENT]

When I add this feature service to a map in AGOL, however, the diagonal lines are colored black instead of green.  This is the case in IE9 and Chrome.  You can see for yourself at https://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=671b142ab1564c40baeb02ac79112cda.

1. What's happening? 
2. Can I do anything to get the symbology I intend? 
3. Is it just that AGOL supports only solid fills at this time?  If so, what are the plans for more robust symbology support?

Thanks.
Mark

Outcomes