tomas1

Rendering Raster Catalogs and associating Time Slider Control

Discussion created by tomas1 on Nov 9, 2012
Latest reply on Jan 4, 2013 by aafgilbert01
My overall goal is to add a managed raster catalog layer to a RunTime application, associate it with time slider control, and have it properly rendered in the ArcGIS Runtime application.
I am new to the RunTime and WPF, so any insight would be greatly appreciated.

By looking at examples in the Help, to this point I have:

- created a map package from the managed raster catalog
- added it as a local dynamic service layer to ArcGIS Runtime through XAML
- added a time slider to the application through XAML and assigned its binding to the map and set the Path to the local dynamic service layer mentioned above
- the application opens with the time slider present in the interface and the dyamic service layer appearing as a solid blue rectangle

from the XAML
  <esri:ArcGISLocalDynamicMapServiceLayer ID="SnowDepth2012" Path="C:\\MapPackages\\Experimental\\SnowDepth2012.mpk" />

<esri:TimeSlider x:Name="MyTimeSlider"
                             Height="20"
                             TimeMode="TimeExtent"
                             MinimumValue="{Binding ElementName=MyMap, Path=Layers[SnowDepth2012].TimeExtent.Start, Mode=OneWay}"
                             MaximumValue="{Binding ElementName=MyMap, Path=Layers[SnowDepth2012].TimeExtent.End, Mode=OneWay}">
             </esri:TimeSlider>

I am greatful for any insight regarding the following questions:

- Does ArcGIS Runtime fully support managed raster catalogs?
- Does the symbology classification from a managed raster catalog created in ArcMap find its way into the Map package in a way accessible by the Runtime?
- If properly configured, does the RunTime Time Slider control have the same functionality as the ArcMap Time Slider ?

I would appreciate any code that clarifies the Time Slider regarding:

- properly binding it to the dynamic service layer
- assiging the intervals property
- assigning classification symbology that I hope made its way from ArcMap to the map package
- if unable to access the map package symbology, any example of assigning a classification to the dynamic service layer.
- assigning any other properties to allow a more complete looking time slider

Outcomes