Trouble with a custom tiled layer

11-05-2012 10:58 AM
JonDowney
New Contributor
I'm seeing some odd behavior in the iOS SDK. I've created a CustomTiledLayer that inherits from AGSTiledLayer and retreives tiles from a proprietary image service, and have successfully loading it into the map. After some time, with a lot of panning, zooming, and rotating, the layer just goes blank. Picture an all white background...

I can make the problem worse by loading a map, calling "reset" on the mapView and re-adding the same or a couple different map layers. It will go all white after just a few pans, zooms, etc. I don't know exactly how to explain it but it feels like a reference to the custom layer is getting wiped out at some random point in the future. Either that, or something is getting hosed up in the NSOperation queue.

Has anyone successfully inherited from CustomTiledLayer and added it to the map AND been able to work with it without seeing any strange behavior like I have described above? Oh, and I've tried attributing my properties with "strong" to ensure that they don't get wiped out too early and that's not getting me anywhere. Any help or advice is appreciated!

Thanks,  Jon
0 Kudos
4 Replies
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
Could you please post a sample application demonstrating the issue?

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos
JonDowney
New Contributor
Do you have an email address I could send a small sample app to?

Jon
0 Kudos
JonDowney
New Contributor
Good morning,

We've submitted out code sample some weeks ago but haven't received a response back. Can you please confirm that you have received the source code and let us know if you have any recommendations on what we might do to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Jon
0 Kudos
leealex
New Contributor
I have a same question with downey,It will show blank when my map's zoom >8.
0 Kudos