IE 9 Issues - Freezing and Sticking Graphics and Page Crashes

11-05-2012 07:41 AM
AlexDeVine
New Contributor III
Morning Folks,

I've been doing some cross-browser checking on a web app I have been developing and have run into a strange behavior in IE 9.

http://falcon.camplan.uga.edu/REVIEW/sustainability/sustainability.html

1. Graphics sometimes "stick" until action: My loading icon does not disappear sometimes and the infoWindow empties of content when the "x" is clicked but the window stays. The events that hide these things fire, but the graphics stay until the screen is clicked.
2. Graphics disappearing very slowly in same circumstances: Sometimes the graphics do clear after the event fires without action, but it takes 2 or 3 seconds.
3. Site just freezes up and any clicks on site or browser result in windows alert sound.
4. The site empties of content if browser is minimized for a while and is sometimes frozen but occasionally responds to a refresh.
5. On changing content using the gallery navigation tool on the left, sometimes the display stops updating and the loading gif freezes until the screen is clicked and then it continues.

It all works fine in Chrome, Firefox and Safari, but as IE is still the most used browser, I cannot ignore these issues. Does anyone have any ideas of what may be causing this?

Thanks, in advance, for any help or suggestions.

Alex DeVine
University of Georgia
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlexDeVine
New Contributor III
UPDATE - I am having trouble reproducing this behavior on other machines with the same OS and browser version. Perhaps it is somehow just my machine...

AD
0 Kudos
JeffJacobson
Occasional Contributor III
I have seen weird issues like this when there is an error in the JavaScript code.  There are some errors that will be ignored by one browser that will cause problems with others.

Try running your code through either JSLint or JSHint to find errors.
0 Kudos