Sharing Editable webmap application

11-04-2012 01:41 AM
GuidoQuik
New Contributor
Hi,

I'm trying to share an editable "organization created" web mapping aplication with a professional account.
The sharing works, as I enter with a professional account I can see the application.
When I try to open the application, ArcGIS online asks to log in as the professional is not a member of the organization.
All the professional accounts have been made member of the organization; the group in which the editable "organization created" web mapping aplication is made and all the feature services and map services have been shared with the group and users.

Kind Regards

Guido Quik
gemeente Eindhoven
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Editing of hosted feature services is available to all members of the organization, as long as the feature service and web map are shred with those members. It can be editable by everyone if you share with everyone.

Your post has conflicting statements...

ArcGIS online asks to log in as the professional is not a member of the organization.
All the professional accounts have been made member of the organization;

Is the user trying to edit a member of the organization?

Mike
0 Kudos
GuidoQuik
New Contributor
Editing of hosted feature services is available to all members of the organization, as long as the feature service and web map are shred with those members. It can be editable by everyone if you share with everyone.

Your post has conflicting statements...

Is the user trying to edit a member of the organization?

Mike

Mike

The users [ArcGIS professional accounts] trying to edit are not listed as a member of the organization.
They are all invited [and granted access] to become a shared member of the group [of the organization] with the editable webmap application.
All the layers in the webmap have been shared with the groupmembers.
The users see the group and the webmap but when trying to open the map ArcGIS online comes up with the message that the user is not a member of the organization. The message is correct but the webmap has been shared with the group members and thus not accessible for ArcGIS profesional users.

Guido
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
This is working for me. Perhaps you can invite me into your group (username = mikem) and indicate which web map has the problem.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
GuidoQuik
New Contributor
Mike,

You are invited to the group "BOR - Groeninventarisatie" with "Groeninventarisatie" the web map.
The purpose of this map that people can go out in the field and change attributes or create new objects.
In this case everything related to "green" objects.

Kind regards

Guido
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Ok...This is essentially a bug we need to fix. Initially, I thought you were editing from the web map directly (which should work). But you are using a web application.

The workaround for people who are not members of your organization is to copy the URL to the web mapping application and replace the organization specific part of the URL with arcgis.com.

From this:

http://<your_org>.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Editor/Chrome/index.html?appid=xxxx&webmap=xxxx

replace "<your_org>.maps" with "www" to get this:

http://www.arcgis.com/apps/Editor/Chrome/index.html?appid=xxxx&webmap=xxxx

They will have to type in the URL manually into the web browser.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos