mbishopp

Pop-up media issue in mobile apps using ArcGIS.com map

Discussion created by mbishopp on Nov 1, 2012
Latest reply on Nov 1, 2012 by mminami-esristaff
I have an ArcGIS.com map that is reading a couple of map services that are exposed to the internet.  I have configured one of the map-service's in the ArcGIS.com map viewer to use Pop-up media.  The Pop-up media is referencing an image on an internal test web server that is exposed to the internet.  The images being reference are png format.

When I view the Pop-up in the ArcGIS.com map viewer, I can see the Pop-up media image, no problem.  If I go to the ArcGIS Explorer online viewer, I cannot see the images.  I also cannot see the images in the ArcGIS for Android or ArcGIS for iOS native apps reading the same map from ArcGIS.com.  I have read the help and it says:

Why do I see a red x symbol instead of an image in my pop-up window?

Explorer Online supports JPEG and PNG images, which must be accessed over HTTP. If the image is a different format, or the URL begins with HTTPS instead of HTTP, then the image cannot be displayed, and a red cross is shown to indicate this.

The internal web-server that is exposed to the internet is not https.  The image is PNG.  So, I assume it should work.

Is there something that needs to be done with a cross-domain file?  I don't think that is the answer since it works on the Javascript (ArcGIS.com) map viewer.

Help!:confused:

Outcomes