publishing feature service so slow today

11-01-2012 11:01 AM
CharlesCao
New Contributor
I am publishing a very small layer from ArcMap today, and it's very very slow to create the service. The data amount is only 55K about 60 points, I published or overwrited it again, but it's the same. It's showing OK on ArcGIS Online Health Dashboard. Why?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
What kind of service? Tiled or features?
Did the service get created properly?
How long did it take?
The amount of time it takes is influenced by the current load on the system. Maybe there were a lot of people creating services. After all, the cloud is one big time sharing machine 🙂

So far, we're not seeing any issues...

Mike
0 Kudos
CharlesCao
New Contributor
Thanks Mike, please see RED comments below, but it was finished just now.

What kind of service? Tiled or features? ---   Feature service
Did the service get created properly? ---   should be correct because there is no error when publishing
How long did it take? --   at lease 1- 2 hours and still creating service, and I closed it and restarted my computer but it's still slow
The amount of time it takes is influenced by the current load on the system. Maybe there were a lot of people creating services. After all, the cloud is one big time sharing machine 🙂 

So far, we're not seeing any issues... 

Mike
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
So, it's not finished publishing yet... It seems like the process didn't complete.
Can you send me a private message via the notifications link at the top with your

Organization ID from the My Organization page.
The Item ID: the URL of the feature service item that is being created
your username.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos