Cannot run on the selected destination

Jump to solution
10-25-2012 09:21 AM
BillCeglia
New Contributor
I have followed the instructions to include ArcGIS for iOS, my project builds successfully but when I try and run it I receive a dialog window indicating the following error:

"The selected destination does not support the architecture for which the selected software is built.  Switch to a destination that supports that architecture in order to run the selected software."

I am using XCode 4.5, the Base SDK is set to "Latest iOS (iOS 6.0)", Supported Platforms is "iOS", Valid Architectures is "armv7", and iOS Development Target is "iOS 6.0". My project is built for both iPad/iPhone devices and uses Storyboarding, which I doubt the last two pieces of information matter but I thought I'd put it out there in case it helps.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BillCeglia
New Contributor
The problem was I modified the Target settings to not include the "armv7s" but I didn't modify the Project settings.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
The error is not caused by ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS SDK but by Xcode. There are number of reasons why this error comes up. You can google the error for further troubleshooting. Here are few reasons...

1. Check all you product references are consistent in the settings and plists. Also check the product name does not contain a space or other "illegal" characters.
2. Delete the previously installed app (if old version is installed) from device.
3. Make sure that you've valid architectures set at project and target settings.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos
BillCeglia
New Contributor
The problem was I modified the Target settings to not include the "armv7s" but I didn't modify the Project settings.
0 Kudos
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
Great! Good to know that you got it working now! Please feel free to post any question you have for ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS.

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
Please mark thread as 'answered'.

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos