Web Adaptor rest services error

Jump to solution
10-23-2012 11:03 PM
JudyTroutwine
Occasional Contributor
After configuring the web adaptor, and clicking the link to the rest services page, the error below appears

"Cannot access a disposed object. Object name: 'System.Net.HttpWebResponse'. "

What could be the cause?  There are also some garbage characters at the top of the displayed page.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JudyTroutwine
Occasional Contributor
It came to light in another post that leaving the web adaptor application pool settings as set by ESRI is a factor as well.  i had done that during experimenting and with more trials realized the importance of the .NET version.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
BubbaHey
Occasional Contributor III
Could be bad install. Try uninstalling/reinstalling Web Adaptor.  Also see:  http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#/Configuring_the_Web_Adaptor_after_installa...
0 Kudos
JudyTroutwine
Occasional Contributor
I have done a reinstall with no luck.  I believe that I followed the instructions at the link you mention.

I notice that after uninstalling, and launching ArcGIS Server Manager, the WebAdaptor is apparently still functioning.  That is, the unistall seems incomplete.  Perhaps I must uninstall the entire server.
0 Kudos
JudyTroutwine
Occasional Contributor
I have totally uninstalled ArcGIS for Server, reinstalled the server and the Web Adaptor.  Same error. 

Ideas?
0 Kudos
BubbaHey
Do the server manager logs give any clue?

Remember in the old days how just running the Post install would fix many issues, well 10.1 doesn't have a Post Install, but try running the Configure ArcGIS Server Account app.  Sometimes that helps.
0 Kudos
JudyTroutwine
Occasional Contributor
Thank you for the suggestioins.  The log simply mentions that the web adaptor has been configured.  There is no entry related to clicking on the rest endpoint URL.  I reran the Server Account utility as well.   Still no improvement.

i tried making two ArcGIS Server Connections in ArcCatalog, one with the 6080 specified, and one assuming the web adaptor (the "6080" is inserted automatically though.  In each case, when I open the properties for the included sample service, the logs then report that uploaded content was not found.  The service is previewable in ArcCatalog and the properties are actually displayed in dialog box.
0 Kudos
JudyTroutwine
Occasional Contributor
I resolved this by not only uninstalling, but by also deleting the web adaptor folder in wwwroot.
0 Kudos
BubbaHey
Thanks for the info!
0 Kudos
JudyTroutwine
Occasional Contributor
It came to light in another post that leaving the web adaptor application pool settings as set by ESRI is a factor as well.  i had done that during experimenting and with more trials realized the importance of the .NET version.
0 Kudos
JeffSpees
New Contributor II
Thank you very much!
0 Kudos