Linear Referencing - events along a route

10-23-2012 05:06 AM
FionaMcKean1
New Contributor
Hi

I am looking to create a service area for a facility based on non-car modes of transport, i thought linear referencing would be the best approach rather than network analyst as i don't have a public transport network built (don't know if it is possible to do this in network analyst?). 

I have a selection of stops and routes that are in use by these stops.  Using the linear referencing toolbox I created routes from the line feature class.  My problem is that when i want to 'Locate Features Along Route'  it appears to be snapping all stops to all routes that run past it rather than to the bus routes in use by the stops.  I have a lookup table for this. 

Does anyone know how i could ensure that i only attached bus stops to routes that use them?  Bus stops can be in use by multiple routes, just not all.

Going round in circles and have a deadline to meet.

Many thanks
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
FionaMcKean1
New Contributor
My apologies, i see that the 'Locate Feature Along Route' is attaching the stop to the first route but i believe i will need to create X copies of the stop to be able to record all the profiles using it in the point feature class to input into the tool.  I can't think of a way to automate this and i am NOT a programmer.

Hope this makes sense

Thanks
0 Kudos