robert.zargarian@zettate

Spatial selection when auto save is turned off is not supported with unsaved edits

Discussion created by robert.zargarian@zettate on Oct 19, 2012
Latest reply on Dec 9, 2012 by robert.zargarian@zettate
Hello,

I have a ArcGISLocalFeatureLayer and try to use editor to select and cut and select again without saving edits. I got following error message (se message below).
Is this a restriction? If it is how to do a workaround for this? I want users to be able to make sequence of changes without saving, for example selecting, changing geometry and attributes of an object and then selecting other objects and changing and so on.

Error message:
======================
Spatial selection using 'Polygon' when auto save is turned off is not supported with unsaved edits.

vid ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.FeatureService.Editing.SpatialSelect.executeSpatialSelect(Geometry geometry, SelectionMode Mode)
   vid ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.FeatureService.Editing.SpatialSelect.DrawCompleted(Object sender, DrawEventArgs e)
   vid ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.FeatureService.Editing.SpatialSelect.drawSelection_SelectionCompleted(Object sender, DrawEventArgs e)
   vid ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.DrawSelection.Select()
   vid ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.DrawSelection.Map_MouseLeftButtonUp(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   vid System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   vid System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   vid System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   vid System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   vid System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   vid System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   vid System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   vid System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()

Regards
Robert

Outcomes