Problems with Resolve Building Conflicts

Jump to solution
10-19-2012 03:08 AM
suzanaivanovska
New Contributor
I use ArcGIS 10.0 Desktop and when try to execute Resolve Building Conflicts Tool on small number of buildings (with toolbox or with python window) it works. But, for large number of buildings the proccesing failed and print the message:

Runtime error <class 'arcgisscripting.ExecuteError'>: ERROR 999999: Error executing function. TIN internal process error. Failed to execute (ResolveBuildingConflicts).

Suzana
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
T__WayneWhitley
Frequent Contributor
No one has answered your question and if you haven't found a solution, I'll take a stab.
Looks like this accesses the older geoprocessor (even though potentially launched via arcpy).

Not sure about 10, but could be you need to make sure your installed service packs are up-to-date...e.g., this message concerning ArcGIS 9.0 is an internal process error concerning TINs (Resolve Building Conflicts may access at least a component of this function) - service pack 2 supposedly addressed this error: http://support.esri.com/en/knowledgebase/techarticles/detail/27727

Hope that helps.

EDIT:  Sorry if stating the obvious, but hope you are not using a shapefile for the larger datasets.  One more thing - arcgisscripting.ExecuteError is an exceptions class from which, if you're scripting, you may be able to trap messages to better trace the problem causing the failure.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
T__WayneWhitley
Frequent Contributor
No one has answered your question and if you haven't found a solution, I'll take a stab.
Looks like this accesses the older geoprocessor (even though potentially launched via arcpy).

Not sure about 10, but could be you need to make sure your installed service packs are up-to-date...e.g., this message concerning ArcGIS 9.0 is an internal process error concerning TINs (Resolve Building Conflicts may access at least a component of this function) - service pack 2 supposedly addressed this error: http://support.esri.com/en/knowledgebase/techarticles/detail/27727

Hope that helps.

EDIT:  Sorry if stating the obvious, but hope you are not using a shapefile for the larger datasets.  One more thing - arcgisscripting.ExecuteError is an exceptions class from which, if you're scripting, you may be able to trap messages to better trace the problem causing the failure.
0 Kudos
suzanaivanovska
New Contributor
Thanks for your answer. The data are in file geodatabase. Below is the code that I use in Python window in ArcMap.  I am not sure but I will check which version of Service pack I have.

Best regards,
Suzana

>>> import arcpy
>>> from arcpy import env
>>> env.referenceScale = "50000"
>>> arcpy.ResolveBuildingConflicts_cartography("smallpol_point_Rep","visibility","'Road_merge_Rep1' 'true' '0 meters'","30 meters","30 meters", "")
0 Kudos