stanles

Deploying something across multiple versions of ArcGIS

Discussion created by stanles on Oct 18, 2012
Latest reply on Sep 19, 2013 by stanles
hello

Although I have, over time, become more adept at creating extensions for ArcGIS I have tended to rely on these forums and resource center articles for help with deploying my wares for in house use.

I have hit another obstacle.

I have recently installed ArcGIS 10.1 on my machine, after finally getting a copy of Visual Studio 2010, and I have brought my extension to a working, deploy-able state.  Unfortunately the installation package which I created was unable to be installed on other machines.  The machine which I was trying to install it on had ArcGIS 10.0, so to test my hypothesis I upgraded it to 10.1 and my extension was installed correctly.

Can I make my extension be able to be loaded on machines with either ArcGIS 10.0 or 10.1?  Although I am expecting the rest of the office to upgrade to 10.1 it would seem prudent to have an extension which can be installed across multiple versions of ArcGIS.  Unfortunately I do not know how to do this, and I have been unable to find any specific help in the forums or resource center on this subject.

Any help on this subject would be appreciated.

cheers
shawn

Outcomes