Error while migrating site folders to NAS

10-10-2012 08:46 AM
BryanKaraffa
New Contributor III
Trying to move our ArcGIS Server files to a dedicated NAS and am encountering some errors.
Could not undeploy services from one or more machines. 'Server machine 'http://AGS2.GEOG.UCSB.EDU:6080/arcgis/admin' returned an error. 'C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\framework\runtime\ejbs\icm\interiorsFloor7.MapServer\Recycling (Access is denied)''.

AGS2 is one of our Windows Machines that has a shared attached RAID.  AGS-RAID is our new NAS with RAID6.  I have already successfully migrated the Jobs and Output folder but can't get the system folder to transfer without error.

Current Directories Config:
Cache \\ags2\arcgisserver\directories\arcgiscache
Jobs         \\ags-raid\arcgisserver\directories\arcgisjobs
Output \\ags-raid\arcgisserver\directories\arcgisoutput
System \\ags2\arcgisserver\directories\arcgissystem

Any help would be much appreciated.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
BryanKaraffa
New Contributor III
After posting the config seemed to fix itself, but while trying to move the configuration store I received the following errors from the log:

SEVERE Oct 10, 2012 10:34:41 AM Failed to roll back changes made while editing the configuration store. null Admin
SEVERE Oct 10, 2012 10:34:41 AM Failed to update the configuration store. Could not restart all clusters in this site within the stipulated time. Please check the log for details. Admin
SEVERE Oct 10, 2012 10:34:41 AM Failed to stop the cluster 'default'. One or more server machines could not be stopped. Admin
SEVERE Oct 10, 2012 10:33:47 AM Failed to stop the server machine 'EARTH.GEOG.UCSB.EDU'. Server machine 'http://EARTH.GEOG.UCSB.EDU:6080/arcgis/admin' returned an error. 'ArcGIS Server Site is currently being configured by another process. Please try again later.' Admin

This was a similar error to what I was receiving when moving some of the other Directories.... "ArcGIS Server Site is currently being configured by another process. Please try again later."

Eventually after trying again later it worked but it has taken more then 24hrs to get these directories moved without error.
TobiasFimpel1
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks for the post Bryan, appreciate sharing the info.

0 Kudos
TracieStreltzer
New Contributor III

I have had the same issue and it continued to linger on.  Only way to fix is to restart servers which flushes the folder.  to migrate teh system folder I had to remove all but one server from the site - migrated, then put the servers back in.  This was an extremely painful and time-consuming process.  This error still randomly occurs, even if it successfully updates the service.

0 Kudos