maile44

ArcMap 10.0 Feature to Raster - Output not centered on point

Discussion created by maile44 on Oct 9, 2012
Latest reply on Oct 10, 2012 by maile44
Hello-

I created a map, and have x,y data points with a value associated with them.  The first time I added the x,y data to my map, I did the feature to raster conversion, and the raster cell was created with my feature point set in the center of the rectangle.  Perfect.

Now, 2 weeks later, I have another set of the same x,y data, but with different values that I'm importing in.  This time when I use the feature to raster tool, the cell that is created puts my feature point at the bottom center of the rectangle.  Any ideas on how to fix this? 

When I try using the Point to Raster tool, it just hangs - I put my settings so that geoprocessing is NOT in the background, so I can see what is going on, and it runs and never stops.  From my experience using the beta 10.1 version this summer, I already know that this means that nothing is going on and it's hung up in a loop.  Very annoying.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I'm sure I'm missing something simple, since I got it to work right the first time.
Thanks!

Outcomes