ConstructUnion freezing / hanging

10-09-2012 07:01 AM
KevinYanuk
Occasional Contributor
Hello;

I am working on creating a dissolved buffer of clusters of point features, so I can then count the number of features the dissolved buffer contains.  The buffer is 25 meters and represents a specific feature, so if there is an intersection of buffers (dissolved), it is considered a single feature, and all of the points which created the buffer will fall into this new single polygon and be associated with that polygon.

I had some assistance writing some code which ended up working well enough to a point on a file geodatabase that just has the single feature class in it.  However, the working version of this will be operating on a database with a dataset.

When I try to use the code on the database with a Dataset, it freezes at the ConstructUnion.  Is the dataset confusing this?

I've tried setting the spatial reference of the geometrybag to the SR of the dataset in the database, but i receive an RPC_E_SERVERFAULT error when I try this.

Is there an easier way to create dissolved buffers?

Thanks
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DimaShats
New Contributor III
Hi,

Check what is the tolerance of the spatial reference of your geometry bag?
Sometimes the XYTolerance (ISpatialReferenceTolerance) is too small and it may cause to perfomance's problems.
Changing the value to 0.5 meters (in case of Projected Coordinate System) solved the problem for me.
0 Kudos
KevinYanuk
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

Check what is the tolerance of the spatial reference of your geometry bag?
Sometimes the XYTolerance (ISpatialReferenceTolerance) is too small and it may cause to perfomance's problems.
Changing the value to 0.5 meters (in case of Projected Coordinate System) solved the problem for me.

How do I create a new XYTolerance?
0 Kudos
DimaShats
New Contributor III
The spatial reference implements ISpatialReferenceTolerance interface.
Just change the value.
0 Kudos