AnsweredAssumed Answered

Use Secure Services through Proxy from 10.0 Desktop to 10.1 Server?

Question asked by erike on Sep 28, 2012
Latest reply on Sep 28, 2012 by erike
We have a reverse proxy with a web adaptor. Two instances, one through SSL and another using HTTP.
We have ArcGIS Server 10.1
Clients running ArcGIS Desktop 10.0

When trying to connect to a secure services with AGS User/Role stores from ArcGIS Desktop 10.0 through our Reverse Proxy Web Adaptor, we are not able to connect. However, within the network, I'm able to directly connect to the ArcGIS Server secure service by specifying the IP:6080/6443. It appears that Desktop 10.0 is not passing security through the Web Adaptor. It does so directly when specifying the IP and Port. This will not work, as ArcGIS Server is within our firewall, hence the reverse proxy and web adaptor.

If I am working on the ArcGIS Server within ArcCatalog/Desktop 10.1, I can connect to the secure service through the web adaptor :confused:

I have no problems accessing unsecured web services in ArcGIS Desktop 10.0 through our proxy. It's only when I need to provide a username/password. Is 10.1 not backwards compatible for 10.1 Secure web services consumed in ArcGIS Desktop 10.0 through a web adaptor?

Phew..... That was a mouthful.

Outcomes