AnsweredAssumed Answered

Arcobjects sample not running in eclipse

Question asked by avigis on Sep 27, 2012
Latest reply on Oct 6, 2014 by FerasObeidat
Hi,

I am new to the world of Arcobjects. To experiment I tried running a sample in eclipse but it pointed out a license issue. I am bit confused now about the pr-requisites so help is much needed.

I am running Desktop 10.1 on windows xp. I have also installed the Arcobjects sdk for Java. I have the license(s) and have already registered the product and extensions.

After configuring eclipse following http://resources.esri.com/help/9.3/arcgisengine/java/doc/91b1bd68-21a5-404d-b0d3-cc55086d2b68.htm (here it talks about ArcGIS engine but I did the same steps for ArcObjects) I was able to add create a "ArcObjects Sample" as a new project in eclipse. This is the custom tool "delete features". When I run the ToolRunner class I get the message "Could not initialize an Engine or Basic License. Exiting application." which comes from the static method initializeArcGISLicenses(AoInitialize aoInit).

Now ArcGIS is already running, so I can not understand where the problem is, I don't have ArcGIS engine but a desktop should do fine?

If you can find time to set me right I would be very grateful.

Avishek

Outcomes