Packaging failed error when publishing or overwriting service

09-20-2012 09:54 AM
DallasShearer
Occasional Contributor
Hi,
I get the error "Packaging failed" when publishing new service or overwriting existing service from ArcMap. However, i can "Save a service definition file" and publish the .sd file from ArcGIS Server manager without problem.

I have 2 environments test and production. I only get this error from my production machine.

here is the error as it captured in the results window: "ERROR: code:500, java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException, Cannot connect to this server. Failed to execute (StageService). "

I was able to publish new services or overwrite existing services on my production server before. And nothing was changed that I'm aware of.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
TanyaOwens
Occasional Contributor III
I am having the exact same issue...did you ever discover what is wrong?
0 Kudos
DallasShearer
Occasional Contributor
I never discovered what was wrong. But since the server has been rebooted, the error has not re-surfaced.
0 Kudos
TanyaOwens
Occasional Contributor III
We restarted our server and now it seems to be working fine. Thanks!!
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
I never discovered what was wrong. But since the server has been rebooted, the error has not re-surfaced.

I�??m still having the same problem �??packaging failed�?� despite the fact that o have rebooted my server!

Facts
1. The �??ArcGIS Server Account�?� is shared to the folder containing the data (*.mdf)
2. �??ArcGIS Server Account�?� has full control on the folder containing the data (*.mdf)
3. The SDE data is registered

What might be the issue then?
----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Hi Dallas,

But what issues behind this error? Do we need to reboot our server each time we get this error?

Best

Jamal
----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos