LocalServer.Initialize() throws error 267 -The directory name is invalid

Jump to solution
09-18-2012 01:19 PM
Labels (1)
VincentDolan
New Contributor III
When I call LocalServer.Initialize(), it throws: "The directory name is invalid" (error # 267)

I've used ProcessMonitor and see the last entry before the errror occurs is
Operation: CreateFile
Path: C:\longpathtomyproject\MyProject\bin\Debug\ArcGISRuntime1.0\LocalServer64\bin
Result: PATH NOT FOUND
Detail: Desired Access: Read Attributes, Disposition: Open, Options: Open Reparse Point, Attributes: n/a, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a

My deploment folder has the expected structure:
ArcGISRuntime1.0

•    Client32

•    Client64

•    Resources

I've tried to manually create the LocalServer64\bin folder being complained about above, with no better results.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VincentDolan
New Contributor III
Mike, thanks for the response, you pointed me to the right place.

I had copied files from a deployment that had been built without ticking the "Local Server" checkbox.  Calling LocalServer.Initialize() then threw the Error 267 "The directory name is invalid".  Using a deployment built with that box checked, all is well.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor
Hi,

What are you building your application as?

x86 => Will require Client32 and LocalServer32 directories within the ArcGISRuntime1.0 directory.

x64 => Will require Client64 and LocalServer64 directories within the ArcGISRuntime1.0 directory.

Any CPU => Will require Client32 & LocalServer32 OR Client64 & LocalServer64 directories within the ArcGISRuntime1.0 directory depending on the OS architecture of the machine.

But you should not be manually creating those directories - you use the Deployment Tool to build your runtime deployment with the appropriate components for your chosen architecture(s).

Cheers

Mike
0 Kudos
VincentDolan
New Contributor III
Mike, thanks for the response, you pointed me to the right place.

I had copied files from a deployment that had been built without ticking the "Local Server" checkbox.  Calling LocalServer.Initialize() then threw the Error 267 "The directory name is invalid".  Using a deployment built with that box checked, all is well.
0 Kudos