AnsweredAssumed Answered

ERROR 000732: Input CAD Datasets: Dataset 100135S01.dwg does not exist or is not supp

Question asked by iegbulefu on Sep 18, 2012
Latest reply on Sep 21, 2012 by iegbulefu
Please can someone help me out with is error?
I have created a script to list all my CAD files in the directory and subdirectories and then convert them to Geodatabase with feature classes. When I run the script, it creates an empty geodatabase and list just the first file and gives the error"

"ERROR 000732: Input CAD Datasets: Dataset 100135S01.dwg does not exist or is not supported, Failed to execute (CADToGeodatabase)..

What could be the issue here?. Please help!

Thanks

Here is my script

import os, os.path, arcpy from arcpy import env env.workspace = "J:/2010" # Set workspace and variables gdb = r"C:\data\2010.gdb" arcpy.env.workspace = gdb # Create a FileGDB for the fds arcpy.CreateFileGDB_management("C:/data", "2010.gdb") reference_scale = "1500" for root, dirs, files in os.walk("J:/2010/"):     for file in files:         if file.endswith('.dwg'):            print "current file is: " + file            outDS = arcpy.ValidateTableName(os.path.splitext("d" + os.path.basename(file))[0])            arcpy.CADToGeodatabase_conversion(file, gdb, outDS, reference_scale)

Outcomes