Map from vpn services is not loaded in device but working fine with simulator

Jump to solution
09-18-2012 06:21 AM
Sunitapatil
New Contributor
I am loading map in my app from VPN services. The map s are working fine with simulator but in device map is not loaded it gives

error  Error Domain=org.brautaset.JSON.ErrorDomain Code=3 "Unrecognised leading character" UserInfo=0xa71560 {NSLocalizedDescription=Unrecognised leading character

is it problem of map extent or what please tell me.........
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
If it is going to ask for VPN credential every time you hit the map service URL then it's not going to work. Because SDK has no way to know. It only tries to connect to the URL host and it's not reachable because VPN is not already connected. Hope this helps!

Are you using Cisco AnyConnect app to connect to VPN?

Regards,
Nimesh

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
Are you able to access your service REST end point in device browser after connecting to VPN? If yes, it should work in the map too.

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos
Sunitapatil
New Contributor
When device is connected to vpn & I open the browser then it ask for vpn credentials after entering those I am able to access those services in browser.
0 Kudos
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
So every time you try to connect to your service, it asks VPN credential? Isn't VPN already connected? Don't you see VPN symbol on your devices top bar? What kind of VPN are you using?

You should use app like Junos Pulse to connect to VPN.

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos
Sunitapatil
New Contributor
I have used the CiSCO VPN client & seted the proxy address still it is asking for credentials, Every time when connected to vpn.
Also map is not displayed in device
0 Kudos
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
If it is going to ask for VPN credential every time you hit the map service URL then it's not going to work. Because SDK has no way to know. It only tries to connect to the URL host and it's not reachable because VPN is not already connected. Hope this helps!

Are you using Cisco AnyConnect app to connect to VPN?

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos
Sunitapatil
New Contributor
Ya I am using 'Cisco AnyConnect' for VPN connection. When I connect to VPN only for first time it asks for credentials.
And tell me way to display the map in device.
0 Kudos
Sunitapatil
New Contributor
Thanks for the help there are some changes required in vpn setting.Now it is working.........
Thanks.....
0 Kudos
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
Great! Good to know that everything is working now. 🙂

Please mark this thread as answered.

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos