bgfield

Map works fine on machines running Windows 7, but not XP

Discussion created by bgfield on Sep 13, 2012
Latest reply on Sep 21, 2012 by bgfield
I've spent some time developing a web map, and I'd been testing it exclusively on my machine which is running Windows 7.  I got all the functionality working, but when some coworkers tested it on their machines (which run Windows XP), the map doesn't work.  The feedback I got was that in some cases the map doesn't show up at all, and in others, the map does show up but the tools on the toolbar weren't.  Here's a link to my map: http://dnrweb.dnr.state.md.us/aqua_tool/aquacultureTool.html - is there something I need to add to make this compatible with Windows XP machines?  Am I just a complete JavaScript noob (well, that's not really a question - I am!) and made a horribly designed script that's just not going to work as it's written? 

As a note - I ran the code through www.jslint.com and cleaned up a lot of the garbage in my code.  That isn't reflected in the current link - I haven't yet asked IT to upload my newest HTML file - but I did test the new page on an XP machine and I'm getting the same issues.

Thanks in advance for the help - if I had hair, I'd be pulling it out right now!!

EDIT: I just had a friend try it on his home PC which is running Windows 7 Ultimate and he's getting the same error on that, so it might not be so simple as a difference between Win 7 and XP.  The plot thickens!

Second edit: It doesn't seem to matter which browser is used, the results are the same across all of them.

Third edit: NEVERMIND, I'm an idiot.  I never changed the URL to the CSS files in my code when they were uploaded to the server; so when it referenced the CSS files on my local machine, it would work on my PC, but obviously not on anybody else's.

Outcomes