Does anyone have Windows Integrated Security,AGS 10.1,IIS,Web Adaptor & AD Working?

09-12-2012 01:02 PM
troyturcott
New Contributor II
Does anyone have Windows Integrated Security using IIS, Web Adaptor and AD Working? Everything I read here on the forums suggests that nobody has this working correctly/efficiently...The work conducted by ???Patrick Foppe??? at the Bureau of Land Management speaks volumes toward this being problematic.

I'm trying to use Oracle's Virtual Private Database technology for row-level spatial security and it's critical that I propagate the Windows ID down to the database via Single Sign On...

Any opinions? ESRI?
I'm beginning to think I'm better off going back to ArcGIS Server 10.0 and finish writing my own IIS proxy...

As we say in Texas, "Let me know what ya'll think..."

JT
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
troyturcott
New Contributor II
*** WARNING ***
The ArcGIS Server 10.1 Help topic "Integrating ArcGIS Server security with an Oracle database" is problematic and leads to unacceptable security. I spent several days going down this rabbit-hole before getting out...
Fiddler in conjunction with auditing in Oracle and the ArcGIS Server logs tells the story of what's going on...
To get this to work correctly I had to create the user name in all uppercase, not lowercase as the documentation states.
Also, don't use the "IDENTIFIED by <user name>" password syntax - use "IDENTIFIED EXTERNALLY".
0 Kudos
PeterTimmers
Occasional Contributor III
Just installed a 4 machine site with separate iis web adaptor with AD security at the GIS tier and it appears to be working.  Was going to use the web tier till I saw Patrick Foppe's post.

Am having issues publishing a routing geoprocess though... which I've spent weeks with our local support trying to sort.  Which is going to be next post. :-<
0 Kudos