rhexter

Can I pass data to the export scripts from a pre process script?

Discussion created by rhexter on Sep 5, 2012
Latest reply on Sep 6, 2012 by MBuehler-esristaff
I'm wanting to use the block information to group my instance based building objects within our level editor for optimisation reasons.

I am wanting to be able to pass a data structure {blockUUID:[bldInstances]} to be able to create the groupings(I suspect the list would be worldPivot locations) and I would group based on these.

To do this I should need to be able to pass this data structure to be accessible by the export script specifically:

def finishExport(exportContextUUID)

With the dynamic nature of python I should be able to add this new data structure to my ScriptExportModelSettings instance.

#create the ScriptExportModelSettings
exptSettings=ScriptExportModelSettings()

#dynamically add the new data structure, python lets you do this
exptSettings.myNewDataStructure=myBlockDataStructure {blockUUID : [bld instances]}

#add the rest of our specific settings
exptSettings.setGeneralName(cityZone)
exptSettings.setMiscOptionsScript("exportInstances.py")

During the export I would need to access this data from with in the "initExport" so that I can map this incoming data structure to a global variable within the export script for use as I said within the finishExport() Step.

Is there another easy way to do this as I don't seem to be able to get this to work?
I know I could write the data structure out and reread it in again but that seems a bit silly.

Outcomes