Schematic diagrams

08-30-2012 10:39 AM
AshleeBeard
New Contributor
My lines (water and sewer lines) aren't coming into my schematic diagram from the map.  Any reason for that?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
RickAnderson
Occasional Contributor III
Not very much info to go on here...

Have you followed the quick start guidelines?
http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/1079-Beta-10-Schematics-Quick-Start-for-Utilities?highlight=schemat...

Have you watched and followed the resource center videos?
http://resources.arcgis.com/en/communities/schematics/01n600000012000000.htm

What version are you on?  Do you have a geometric network?
0 Kudos
AshleeBeard
New Contributor
I have watched many of the schematic videos and even following some of the tutorials when I create a schematic diagram and I select information from my map including the lines everything but the lines show up in the schematic diagram.  I am running 10, and yes I have a geometic network. I just don't understand what I am doing wrong because I follow instructions from tutorials and other information and everything but the lines come through.
0 Kudos
RickAnderson
Did you follow those quick start steps exactly?  Usually the only way to end up with missing lines is that one of the point features in the geometric network is missing from the configuration.  Schematics needs to have configuration information for every class that is in the geometric network in order to keep proper connectivity.  A link can't exist without both end nodes.  So if one of those end node classes hasn't been configured, it won't work.  If you haven't followed those steps exactly, give it a quick try with a file gdb or personal gdb and see if that resolves it, only takes a minute or 2 to test it.  If that still doesn't fix it, let me know and we can try to setup a web meeting so I can see what is happening.  Also include the service pack you are running in the next response please.
0 Kudos
AshleeBeard
New Contributor
I have created a file gdb and I'm still not seeing any lines. I am not sure what service pack I am running. How can I tell?
0 Kudos
RickAnderson
I will need to see exactly what is happening to help much more here.  Send me an e-mail to jetta01@hotmail.com with your contact info and I will get in touch.
0 Kudos