Eclipse 4.2 Android SDK installation via Software Center

Jump to solution
08-28-2012 12:12 AM
EikeLüders
New Contributor II
Hey,

I tried to install the ArcGIS SDK for Android in my Eclipse 4.2 (Juno) installation on MacOS X.
In Eclipse 4 the standard Plugininstallation was replaced by the Software Center so the installation tutorial does not fit this anymore.

What I done is:
- Downloaded the SDK
- Opened the Software Center in Eclipse
- Openend the Software tab
- Clicked on "add site" in Browse Software section
- Entered the Name and clicked "Add from Local Folder" to select the Path where the SDK was extracted

When I click ok the SDK shows up under "My Software", but I can't create a new Project with the Project type defined in the Hello World Tutorial. (I tried to restart Eclipse already, but with no luck...)

In the installation tutorial is a point that mentions: "In the next window, you'll see a list of the tools to be downloaded."
But I haven't seen anything like that in the Software Center installation and nothing was downloaded.

Does anyone got the SDK running under Eclipse 4.2 and can tell me what to do, or does anyone know if it's even compatible?

Kind regards
Eike
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EikeLüders
New Contributor II
Jep you're right... I think I got some strange custom Version of Eclipse...
The standard Version works fine and the good old Plugin installation dialog is avaiable again 😉

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SimonKlein
Occasional Contributor
It works fine for me on Windows 7/8.
I don't know about any software center but I just did this:
In Eclipse: Help Menu --> Install new software --> Add --> entered a name and then just pressed archive and added the zip file.
Worked many times now...
0 Kudos
EikeLüders
New Contributor II
Jep you're right... I think I got some strange custom Version of Eclipse...
The standard Version works fine and the good old Plugin installation dialog is avaiable again 😉
0 Kudos