Support for Windows Server 2012 / IIS 8

08-27-2012 12:05 PM
mrmark
by
Occasional Contributor
Doing some testing for deployments with Server 2012 and SQL Server 2012 and discovered that while the ArcGIS for Server installs just fine, the Web Adapter and Spatial Data Server for IIS won't install since they check for IIS 7.0 or 7.5. Even though IIS 8 is installed and working fine with all the prerequisites listed in the requirements, I can't get the installers to run because they don't think IIS is installed.

Not a rush item - just curious how long we might have to wait to run on 2012.
A man's feet should be planted in his country, but his eyes should survey the world. - G. Santayana
0 Kudos
12 Replies
HenWagner
New Contributor III
Also waiting for a certified release that supports 2012/IIS8 of the server products.
Wagner.
0 Kudos
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor
will be interesting to see the performance with new protocol SMB3 ( http://blogs.technet.com/b/wincat/archive/2012/07/19/15gb-s-5-days-6-petabytes-of-streamed-data-smb3... )
0 Kudos
JimmyRiley
New Contributor
We are trying to move over to windows server 2008 but Microsoft no longer sells 2008 you have to buy 2012. Any idea when it will be supported. You now have to buy 2012 with software assurance in order to downgrade to 2008.
0 Kudos
DougCollins
Occasional Contributor
Purchasing new server, but it comes with Windows Server 2012.  This is going to become an issue for many people very soon.
We really NEED support for Windows Server 2012 / IIS 8 sooner rather than later please.

Charlie
0 Kudos
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor
why don't you virtualize so it's easy the migration using Hyper-V & windows 2012?

see virtualize & ags
http://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2011/02/17/arcgis-server-virtualization-dos-and-donts/
0 Kudos
deleted-user-vpHnfyiCToFz
Occasional Contributor
As a followup, I have two question for ESRI or someone who has tested this scenario. 

1.  Will ArcGIS Server 10.1 sp1 support windows server 2012?
2.  Is there an advantage to move my ArcGIS Server 10.1 Virtual Server from windows server 2008 r2 to windows server 2012 or will it perform the same if I keep my VS at Server 2008 r2 under a hyper-v 3.0 environment?
0 Kudos
deleted-user-ATjHIWsdQYmT
Occasional Contributor III
Just adding to the list of people wondering if/when ArcGIS for Server (and ArcSDE) will be supported on Windows Server 2012.  We're looking to stand up two new VM's and we prefer to use Windows 2012. 

Any insight, Esri?
0 Kudos
NateArnold
Occasional Contributor
Same here - just got approval for new servers and would very much like to use Windows Server 2012.  ESRI, please indicate if this will be supported - maybe at SP1? 

Especially as mentioned by user tpcgit - apparently you can't buy server 2008 anymore???  MS is changing a ton (esp. this month) and ESRI needs to keep up.

Nate
0 Kudos