What's the deal with getScale()?

Jump to solution
08-24-2012 02:34 AM
BenFousek
Occasional Contributor III
I noticed the getScale() method has been added to the api reference, but is doesn't exist in a loaded DOM. Is it unimplemented at this point or is there an issue? I use .__LOD.scale. Which is easy enough, but a working getScale() method would be nice.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
__Rich_
Do you mean esri.geometry.getScale?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
__Rich_
0 Kudos
BenFousek

esri.geometry.getScale(MAP_OBJECT) works, which is not a map object method, yet the api ref says it is.
0 Kudos
__Rich_
esri.geometry.getScale(MAP_OBJECT) works, which is not a map object method, yet the api ref says it is.

Really?  I can't see it, but then, apparently, I never look for things properly!

http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapi/javascript/arcgis/help/jsapi/map.htm

?
0 Kudos
BenFousek
Right under getExtent().

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17219[/ATTACH]

The ref for getScale() is under "esri.geometry Namespace Methods". It's been around since v1.4. I suspect it was the proper place for it back when the map object was quite a bit simpler than it is now. Never stop learning, right?
0 Kudos
__Rich_
Right under getExtent().

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17219[/ATTACH]

The ref for getScale() is under "esri.geometry Namespace Methods". It's been around since v1.4. I suspect it was the proper place for it back when the map object was quite a bit simpler than it is now. Never stop learning, right?

Oh yeah, told you I didn't look properly!

I may be missing your point but...

.. it does say "Returns the current map scale. (As of v3.1)"

?

(and it does exist in 3.1, I've checked)
0 Kudos
BenFousek
Yep it's there in 3.1. First thought was v was set to 3.0 but it is 3.1. Not sure why I was having issues the other day.
0 Kudos