Problem Creating Tile Packages

08-22-2012 05:57 AM
Labels (1)
AndrewPurkis
New Contributor III
Hi,

I need to create tile packages using my own scales, in the early beta version I could do it directly from the 'Share As' 'Tile Package' menu item. Currently I can only use predefined values, which would be fine if I could modify both the 'highest level of detail' and the 'lowest level of detail'.  However using a very simple map document (1 layer) and 1 scale value, it works.

I've also tried using a tiling scheme file (ArcToolbox - Generate MapServer Cache Tiling Scheme), again using my simple document and 1 scale value. That generates no errors. However, when I use the xml file as the Tiling Scheme, Analyze gives no errors, but as soon as I say share, I get a pop-up, that says 'Invalid function arguments'.

Finally I tried ArcToolbox - Create Map Tile Package, using all the same parameters. It gives me an Error 999999 : Error executing function.

Am I doing something wrong?

Andrew Purkis
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor
Hi,

I think your best option for tackling this would be to contact technical support.

Cheers

Mike
0 Kudos
CaseyBentz
Occasional Contributor II
Hi,

I need to create tile packages using my own scales, in the early beta version I could do it directly from the 'Share As' 'Tile Package' menu item. Currently I can only use predefined values, which would be fine if I could modify both the 'highest level of detail' and the 'lowest level of detail'.  However using a very simple map document (1 layer) and 1 scale value, it works.

I've also tried using a tiling scheme file (ArcToolbox - Generate MapServer Cache Tiling Scheme), again using my simple document and 1 scale value. That generates no errors. However, when I use the xml file as the Tiling Scheme, Analyze gives no errors, but as soon as I say share, I get a pop-up, that says 'Invalid function arguments'.

Finally I tried ArcToolbox - Create Map Tile Package, using all the same parameters. It gives me an Error 999999 : Error executing function.

Am I doing something wrong?

Andrew Purkis

Andrew, I am having this same problem.  Did you figure out how to solve this?
0 Kudos
AndrewPurkis
New Contributor III
The customer's data that I was using contained a mixture of projection types. Some were defined with a NAD of Feet and some of type Feet_Intl.  Not that I guessed that from Error Code 999999, thankfully technical support found it!

Hope that helps!

Andrew Purkis
0 Kudos