matthewb

Reuse of geoprocessing working without error but result is incorrect/null

Discussion created by matthewb on Aug 21, 2012
Latest reply on Mar 13, 2013 by matthewb
Hi,

I have a GPK that accepts two feature sets, lets call them A and B, as parameters for an intersect. In my Runtime application, I generate both A and B from existing services before executing the model. This process has been working without too much trouble.

However, I would like to give the user the option to select which service will be used to generate B. There are two local feature services they can chose from, let's call them B1 and B2. B1 and B2 share the same spatial reference and table schema.

I have been developing the process using B1 and now that I want to swap B1 for B2, the model runs without returning an error but does not give me a result. I have checked Fiddler and the intersect is returning an empty result, even though I can see the geometry for B2 in the Runtime GPParameter.

I believe there is something in the data (or the way the Runtime handles it) that is causing the problem as I can overwrite B2 with B1 and achieve a result in the Runtime but nothing shows up in the feature or table compare tools except the attribute values (which are supposed to be different). I can also execute the model in ArcMap using the the original layers for B1 and B2 that are used to create the feature services and get valid results.

I hope that all makes sense.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt

Are you thinking what I'm thinking, B1?
I think I am, B2!

Outcomes