schemaLockingEnabled

Jump to solution
08-20-2012 03:15 AM
HugoAhlenius
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

I have an enterprise database residing in a SQL Server installation that I am accessing through ArcGIS Server 10.1 and ArcGIS Desktop (Advanced) 10.1.

I would need to update a dataset that is in use by a service in the server installation. I can see, using queries to the tables in the SQL Server installation and using the lock manager, that the data is locked, and I can't change anything. If I shut down the Server service on the server machine, or stop the services, then the data is not locked.

In ArcGIS Server 10.0 I just edited service files, and the data was no longer locked. Now I try the method introduced in ArcGIS Server 10.1 - using ArcCatalog, and updating the advanced parameters - setting the schemaLockingEnabled status to false.

But nothing happens - data still locked!

Tried restarting the individual services + the server process - but no luck... !

Any tips?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor
Hugo,
Our apology for the inconvenience caused by this bug which makes a mapserice work the opposite way for schema-locking. We are working on fixing this.

Please change the value of schemaLockingEnabled to True - this should do it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor
Hugo,
Our apology for the inconvenience caused by this bug which makes a mapserice work the opposite way for schema-locking. We are working on fixing this.

Please change the value of schemaLockingEnabled to True - this should do it.
0 Kudos
DanMcCoy
Occasional Contributor III
FYI - Looks like NIM082716 should be resolved at 10.1 SP 1
http://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/TklNMDgyNzE2
0 Kudos