Shape file with AGSGraphicLayer

08-19-2012 04:30 PM
FrankLin1
New Contributor
Hi:

Anyone knows if I can convert my .shp file to JSON and display it on the AGSGraphic layer ? Or any other ways to display esri shape file.

Thanks !

Frank
0 Kudos
7 Replies
PaulLohr
Occasional Contributor III
What type of data? Point / polygon / line?
0 Kudos
FrankLin1
New Contributor
What type of data? Point / polygon / line?

I want all kinds of geometry because I want it replace the tiled map as the base map.
0 Kudos
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
You can add shapefile to the webmap in ArcGIS.com and open that webmap with ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS and you'll be able to see shapefile data on your device. However, it's just for viewing purpose, you won't be able to edit them.

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos
FrankLin1
New Contributor
You can add shapefile to the webmap in ArcGIS.com and open that webmap with ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS and you'll be able to see shapefile data on your device. However, it's just for viewing purpose, you won't be able to edit them.

Regards,
Nimesh

Thanks for reply , Nimesh . But I want to make something like 'AGSVectorServiceLayer' , and also supports offline shape.Maybe I should try some other methods .
0 Kudos
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
Could you please elaborate about your ideas behind AGSVectorServiceLayer and offline shape?

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos
FrankLin1
New Contributor
Could you please elaborate about your ideas behind AGSVectorServiceLayer and offline shape?

Regards,
Nimesh

For vectorServiceLayer , I want to retrive JSON from ArcGIS server that describes the shape file stored on the server (I guess dynamic service is generating map dynamically by some description of the shape) and use something like graphicLayer to draw it on the device , for offline mode , just read shape file like 'iGIS' app.
0 Kudos
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
Please look at Online-Offline Editing Sample that will help you how to work in offline mode.

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos