v3.1 API dataGrid white on white text

08-17-2012 07:54 AM
BenStephenson
New Contributor
Hi there,

I'm refreshing my memory of the JSAPI through the Building Webmaps with the JavaScript API course materials...

I have encountered an issue whereby if I reference the v2.1 API (as in the course materials) the datagrid displays correctly with black text on a white background. But when I change it to reference v3.1 API, the text is white on white.

Has anyone else encountered the white-on-white text issue in data grids with v3.1? If so, how do I get around this?

Thanks and kind regards,

Ben
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JohnGravois
Frequent Contributor
I found a published sample which utilizes version 3.1 and displays results correctly, so you might try comparing and contrasting its code with what you have in 2.1 to see if any differences jump out at you.

http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapi/javascript/arcgis/help/jssamples/find_map_datagrid.html
0 Kudos
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor
You could try hosting the datagrid CSS styling file on your network and then modify the appropriate tag. This is what I'm doing for my datagrid implementation. The CSS file used for styling the datagrids is named "grid.CSS"

Use the Firebug add-in for Firefox to make your local copy of the CSS file as well as determine which entity provides the styling for the cell color (with my version it appears to be ".dojoxGrid td").

Modify the color reference in the CSS file and you should be good to go.

(I'm still using v2.8 btw)..
0 Kudos
BenStephenson
New Contributor
John and Steve,

Many thanks to you both for your suggestions. I'll try them and report back when I get a chance. I suspect that there's a small mistake in my code somewhere that is causing issues, but we shall see!

Kind regards,

Ben
0 Kudos