Next DownID  won't assign

Jump to solution
08-16-2012 02:01 PM
Labels (1)
MichelleTischler
New Contributor II
Hi! I'm using ArcH 1.4 and trying to assign the next downstream ID/Junction. When the dialog box opens, it will not allow me to choose the HydroID field to assign from. It only shows the Enabled field. I created the HydroID field as a Long Integer and have been able to build a relationship class with it. It's pretty frustrating bc I've been able to do this before and not sure what I missed this time.

Thanks for any help,
Michelle
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichelleTischler
New Contributor II
Problem solved. I didn't assign a HydroID to the network junctions.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MichelleTischler
New Contributor II
I thought I'd try and clarify what I've done to see if that might help in finding a solution. 

I've built my geometric network with one set of points (proxies) and one set of streams and used the Attribute Tool to assign the HydroID to each. We have a custom tool that assigns the Junction ID (Proxy Hydro ID) to the lines. Then I generated the From/To node for the lines, found the next downstream line, and calcluated the length downstream for edges and junctions. Now I want to assign the next downstream junction to the Proxies (points). When I open the dialog box and select my points, the only option I have for the Common HydroID field is "Enabled."

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks,
Michelle
0 Kudos
MichelleTischler
New Contributor II
Problem solved. I didn't assign a HydroID to the network junctions.
0 Kudos