Fill Sinks of GeoHMS doesn't work

08-16-2012 06:42 AM
Labels (1)
PauloMatias
New Contributor
Hi,
I am working with ArcGIS 10.0 sp5, ArcHydro Tools 2.1.0.103 and HEC-GeoHMS 10.0.0.95, in a 64 bit system with Windows 7.

If I run Preprocessing|Fill Sinks from the GeoHMS toolbar I receive the following error:

"System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80041098): ERROR 010007: Too many arguments.
ERROR 010299: Incorrect # of arguments.
ERROR 010067: Error in executing grid expression.
   em ESRI.ArcGIS.SpatialAnalyst.RasterHydrologyOpClass.Fill(IGeoDataset surfaceRaster, Object& zLimit)
   em ESRI.APWR.ApHydro.ArcHydroOp.FillSinks(ApLayers& aplayers, Boolean useIsSink, Boolean fillAll, Double fillLimit, ITrackCancel trackCancel, IGPMessage messages, String& exMessage)
Failed to execute (FillSinks)
."

But if I run Terrain Preprocessing|DEM Manipulation|Fill Sinks from the ArcHydro toolbar everything works fine!
Can someone please tell me what's wrong? Thank you.

Paulo
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MarkBoucher
Occasional Contributor III
There are a number of possible causes. I've created a post that lists the ones that I've uncovered. I add to the post when I discover a new one. Other's have also posted to the thread. One added by Neil O'brien on turning off background processing may be an easy one to try first.

I can't promise you that any of them will fix your problem, but one might. Good luck!

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/48100-ArcHydro-Problem-Solvers
0 Kudos
PauloMatias
New Contributor
Thank you for your answer Mark, although it did not work for me.
It is the first time I use HEC-GeoHMS, so I have kept things simple. I have checked everything. Al the functions of the HEC-GeoHMS preprocessing toolbar work fine, from DEM reconditioning to Adjoint catchment processing, except for the Fill Sinks function, for which I use the ArcHydro toolbar.
Then, after having added a project point (a flow gage location) I am not able to Generate a Project. I receive the message: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Well, I must keep on trying. I don�??t even know if those two errors are related.
Thank you.
0 Kudos
MarkBoucher
Occasional Contributor III
Paulo,

Try this. After you run fill sinks and get the error. Refresh the catalog and see if the fil layer is there. It just might be!

To refresh the catalog in v10, right click on the folder and choose refresh. You may need to do this twice. When I do it, I sometimes see three files with the layer name the first time, and the second time I see the layer with the proper file type icon.

In my Arc Hydro experience, I've seen this happen at one time or another in most of the processing steps that result in rasters (fil, fdr, fac, str, strlnk, cat). Though I get an error message, the rasters are created anyway. I refresh the catalog to see if they are there (sometimes refresh twice). If they are, I right click on them, choose properties, and define their geographic projection (just in case it matters).

Also, if you run the fill sinks function and get an error, some, but not all, of the files used for the fil layer might have been created. Trying to run fill sinks again without deleting these files might cause an error. I sometimes work through Windows Explorer to make sure there are not "left over" files from these tools.

Hope you figure it all out.

Mark

0 Kudos