OverviewMap : esri logo

Jump to solution
08-15-2012 07:56 AM
__Rich_
Occasional Contributor III
(JS API v3.1)

Just noticed that the OverView map has a (hyperlinked) esri logo in the bottom right-hand corner even through the main map is instantiated with logo:false...and it only seems to be an issue in Internet Explorer 7.

Any ideas?

Thanks...
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
derekswingley1
Frequent Contributor
This is a bug. To work around it, add this inside a style tag:
<!--[if IE 7]> .esriOverviewMap .logo-med, .esriOverviewMap .logo-sm, .esriOverviewMap .bingLogo-lg {   display: none !important; } < ![endif]-->

We'll try to get this fixed in the next release.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
derekswingley1
Frequent Contributor
Can you post some code to reproduce this? I'm not able to see what you're describing using a slightly tweaked version of our overview map sample:  http://jsfiddle.net/FX3LK/ (I tested in IE8 and 9)

Edit:  I see you edited your post to say IE7 only...let me get back to you.
0 Kudos
__Rich_
Thanks, Derek.

This gets more odd, if I view this:

http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapi/javascript/arcgis/demos/widget/widget_overviewmap.html

In Firefox/IE8/IE9 then I see a logo in the main map and no logo in the overview, but in IE7 I see the logo in both.
0 Kudos
derekswingley1
Frequent Contributor
<!--[if IE 7]> .esriOverviewMap .logo-med, .esriOverviewMap .logo-sm, .esriOverviewMap .bingLogo-lg {   display: none !important; } < ![endif]-->

0 Kudos
__Rich_
<!--[if IE 7]>
.esriOverviewMap .logo-med, .esriOverviewMap .logo-sm, .esriOverviewMap .bingLogo-lg {
  display: none !important;
}
< ![endif]-->

Thanks for the fast response.
0 Kudos
TonyCollins
Occasional Contributor
I would advise using <!--[if IE]> for the conditional styles because we have the same issue in IE8!
0 Kudos