arcpy.mapping / Map Automation Group - download sample scripts location

08-14-2012 03:22 PM
JeffBarrette
Esri Regular Contributor
This group is where you can find sample arcpy.mapping and map automation downloads.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/group.html?owner=MapAutomationTeam&title=arcpy.mapping%20%2F%20Map%20Auto...

You may need to adjust the �??Show:�?� setting in the top of your navigation menu from �??Web Content Only�?� to �??All Content�?� in order to see all the samples.

Jeff
0 Kudos
7 Replies
swatisaini
New Contributor
Hi Everyone,

I am facing a problem with map automation.I am interested to add a legend to my map( in map layout) and using legend.updateItem to do so but it gives me an error :

Runtime error
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'updateItem'

Kindly suggest for this!

Thanks ,
Swati
0 Kudos
MarcoBoeringa
MVP Regular Contributor
You may need to adjust the �??Show:�?� setting in the top of your navigation menu from �??Web Content Only�?� to �??All Content�?� in order to see all the samples.

Jeff

Jeff, maybe it would also be good to mention that there two more things required to make this work:

- You actually need to have an ArcGIS Online account (can be done by registering your personal ESRI Global Account, as I just did).

- Select the "Show ArcGIS Desktop items" checkbox. Without this selected, nothing will be shown, even if you selected "All Content"...
0 Kudos
JeffBarrette
Esri Regular Contributor
You don't need an arcgis online account to download these samples.

You are correct about "Show ..." checkbox.   The wording and design of the website has changed since this was orginally posted.

Thanks,
Jeff
0 Kudos
JonathanMulder
New Contributor III
I clicked on the link for map automation downloads, but I don't see any content.  The attached JPG is a screenshot of what I see.
0 Kudos
MarcoBoeringa
MVP Regular Contributor
I clicked on the link for map automation downloads, but I don't see any content.  The attached JPG is a screenshot of what I see.

Jon,

I already wrote this in post 3 of this thread, click the "Show ArcGIS Desktop items" checkbox in the lower left corner of the page. Without this selected, nothing will be shown, even if you selected "All Content"...
0 Kudos
JonathanMulder
New Contributor III
DOH!

Got it now.  Thanks!
0 Kudos
MeganBleess
New Contributor II

Hi Jeff

I'm trying to find the short url that you gave in the 2014 ESRI UC map book workshop and the error I get is

"Unable to access the group you requested. It may have been deleted, become a private group, or your membership privileges may have been revoked by the group administrator."

Is there an updated link?

Thank you so much!

~Megan

0 Kudos