DrainageLine Layer - Multipart?

08-10-2012 09:47 AM
Labels (1)
MarkBoucher
Occasional Contributor III
I have found that when I select a polyline in the DrainageLine layer that all of the features are selected. A test with the MultiPart to SinglePart tool creates a new layer that is single part. Anyone know why the DrainageLine layer is multipart? Can't find any explanation anywhere.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ChristineDartiguenave
Esri Contributor
I have seen something similar before. The issue was not with the lines being multipart but with the spatial reference being corrupted. Basically all features were selected when clicking on one. Copying the features into a new feature class fixed the spatial reference (same way as using multipart to single part since it creates a new feature class).

Christine Dartiguenave
Esri Water Resources Team
0 Kudos
MarkBoucher
Occasional Contributor III
Is there a way to correct the corrupted spatial reference?
0 Kudos
ChristineDartiguenave
Esri Contributor
This happens only for some projections and when data gets stored in a new feature dataset created by Arc Hydro. At this time we are not sure what is going on or what is missing or how to fix it. Workaround seems to be to manually create the target features and set its spatial projection. Then the new data created in that dataset should be ok.
If you have specific data that triggers this issue you can send it to us (archydro@esri.com) and we will take a look.

Christine Dartiguenave
Esri Water Resources Team
0 Kudos