ArcPad Data Manager shuts down ArcMap

05-18-2010 09:41 AM
DuaneTreadon
Occasional Contributor
I am ruining ArcInfo 9.3.1 on an ELA (Enterprise License Agreement) and ArcPad 8 on its own license (not part of the ELA).  When I use the data manager to export my data for use in ArcPad I get an error message during processing.  The error signature states:

EventType : BEX     P1 : ArcMap.exe     P2 : 9.3.1.3000     P3 : 49c1abad    
P4 : ArcPadToolsGen2.dll     P5 : 8.0.3.7     P6 : 4b625e03     P7 : 000dba47
P8 : c0000409     P9 : 00000000    

ArcMap shuts down after the error and no data is processed.  This event happen when i try to export as shape file or a AXF file. 

Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong or what might be happening?

Thanks,
JT
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
38 Replies
DuaneTreadon
Occasional Contributor
Anyone form ESRI read these posts?  Little help here please...
0 Kudos
ChrisStump
New Contributor II
Ditto -- I've found if I use simple symbology and remove labeling it 'usually' fixes the problem when using 'Get Data for ArcPad', but now I can't get it to work at all.  What is going on here?
0 Kudos
ZoltanKovacs1
New Contributor
Check service packs/patches for both ArcPad and ArcGIS... Maybe those solve your problem...
I don't have any problems with Get Data for ArcPad... (I use AG Desktop 9.3 SP1 and ArcPad 8 SP3, respectively)

Cheers
0 Kudos
mattogrodnick
New Contributor
I'm having same problem....

opierreo,     my Get Data for ArcPad... works, but not the 'ArcPad data Manager' is this true for you as well?

thanks
0 Kudos
TerryMagnusson
New Contributor
We are running an ArcMap 10 Pre-release with ArcPad 10 and the Data Manager Check Out function (for anything other than a shapefile output) is crashing ArcMap. I'm curious if anyone else has had success with this?
ESRI ArcMap 10.0 (Build 2348)
License Type: ArcInfo
ArcPad Version 10.0 (Build 27)
Window XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3
0 Kudos
ZoltanKovacs1
New Contributor
I'm having same problem....

opierreo,     my Get Data for ArcPad... works, but not the 'ArcPad data Manager' is this true for you as well?

thanks

Hi, if you mean those 3 commands/options /Export symbology, style and graphics layer/ under ArcPad Data Manager (on ArcPad Data Manager toolbar), my answer is yes, they work as well as the others on this toolbar.

Zoltan
0 Kudos
BillNeinast
New Contributor
Just finished installing ArcGIS 10 and ArcPad 10 and am having the same problem trying to export data from ArcMap 10 to ArcPad 10. It shuts everything down.
0 Kudos
TerryMagnusson
New Contributor
Do not use their default output directory under My Documents\My ArcPad. Users cannot write to a destination folder that contains a space.
0 Kudos
SteveH
by
Occasional Contributor
We have the same problem.
Even writing to a different location, when exporting 23 layers from ArcMap it crashed after exporting a single layer. Had to restart ArcMap 10 and run the Get Data for ArcPad 23 times to export all the map data.
It seems to have trouble with large files with complex symbology particularly.

Steve
0 Kudos