Cached service loading blank

08-02-2012 09:52 PM
MattSmith
New Contributor III
Hi, I'm really someone hoping they can help.

I've got a map service on a development server that I partially cached. When I say Partially, I mean that I didn't cache the bottom zoom scale as I was worried about disk space. I've since decided that I can do without that uncached layer and so ran the Manage Map Server Cache Tiles tool to remove it.

Ever since that time, my service draws as blank on any client (ArcMap, ArcCatalog, Geocortex). The only other change I made were to turn off caching on demand and removing the L12 layer folder to another location (I've since moved it back with no success).

I've run the ArcGIS Server post-install again, but that hasn't done anything. I've even rebooted the development server.

I'm hoping there's a logical reason why and an easy fix, as I have to demo it on Tuesday and my service covers the whole of the state of Queensland, Australia (2.5 times the area of Texas) and definitely don't have time to re-cache!

I should add that I can query and get geometry from the map service just fine, so somethings getting screwed up in relation to the tiles, but I've no idea where.

Thanks and hope someone can help!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MattSmith
New Contributor III
If a moderator reads this, can they please move this to the Server 10.0 for .NET sub-forum please? Thanks.
0 Kudos
DaveOrlando
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Matt, probably a little late but....

I sort of had the opposite, after adding a scale level with that tool I still had to go to the Service through Manager and adjust the Maximum Scale and restart the service in order for the Create Tiles to recognize the newly added scale. Maybe you have to do the same to make sure it know that your bottom scale was deleted. curious if you Max Scale is still your previous bottom level or if that was removed and it shows your new bottom level yet?

just a thought, haven't tested it.....

Dave

0 Kudos