AnsweredAssumed Answered

Importing Terrain and applying textures to roofs

Question asked by obrjo181 on Jul 30, 2012
Latest reply on Aug 29, 2012 by MBuehler-esristaff
Hi
So this is two topics that are related:

1) The first is I'm having issues importing terrain and texture. Are there some clear instructions somewhere on how to do this correctly? The issue for me I think is exporting it from ArcGIS. I have a DEM in ArcGIS and an aerial image for my texture file. I read somewhere that the aerial images don't display properly if the file size is too large, which I suspect might be an issue for me. I also read that the aerial image and the DEM file need to be the same extent? So what size is deemed too large and how do I crop and export to a suitable area for it to display in CityEngine?

2) When I finally succeed in bringing in the aerial image I'd like to be able to use the photograph as a texture layer for my roof's, how is this achieved?

3) I also have in my shapefile attributes the building heights, but these heights are in relation to the sealevel, so I'm hoping that when the DEM model is imported correctly I can use this to produce the correct heights of the buildings, would this be the case?

Hope that all makes sense!

Outcomes