ArcGIS Server Connection 10.1

07-24-2012 01:22 PM
GurmeetVirk
New Contributor
Hi,

In ArcGIS 10.0 I used this code to get the list of services fro ArcGIS Server:

IGISServerConnection gisServerConnection = new GISServerConnectionClass();
                gisServerConnection.Connect("Avlarcgis");

IServerObjectManager serverObjectManager = gisServerConnection.ServerObjectManager;
                IEnumServerObjectConfigurationInfo enumConfigInfo = serverObjectManager.GetConfigurationInfos();
                IServerObjectConfigurationInfo pConfigInfo = enumConfigInfo.Next();
                while(pConfigInfo !=null)
                {
                   result.Add(pConfigInfo.Name);
                   pConfigInfo = enumConfigInfo.Next();
                }

But now with 10.1 I am getting errors.

Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))
0 Kudos
5 Replies
AprilNunn
New Contributor
Hi,

Have you had any luck with this? I'm having the same problem. I thought it might have something to do with the hosting server name and the Web Adapter but I've tried everything possible. What have you tried?

Thanks,

April
0 Kudos
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor
At 10.1, you can no longer use ArcObjects remotely (via DCOM); this way of interacting with ArcGIS for Server is no longer supported. If you are using GISServerConnection in the Server library or AGSServerConnection in the GISClient library in your code, these need to be removed if you are working with ArcGIS 10.1 for Server
0 Kudos
AprilNunn
New Contributor
Thanks, that seems to be what I am reading elsewhere. So I guess I need to find info/examples of how to geocode an address with either the service or maybe the locator in my database. Any suggestions?

April
0 Kudos
JamilHallal
New Contributor
At 10.1, you can no longer use ArcObjects remotely (via DCOM); this way of interacting with ArcGIS for Server is no longer supported. If you are using GISServerConnection in the Server library or AGSServerConnection in the GISClient library in your code, these need to be removed if you are working with ArcGIS 10.1 for Server

What is the alternative in this case?
0 Kudos
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos