Error 1069: The service did not start due to a logon failure

07-23-2012 09:17 AM
JustinRiggs
New Contributor
I began testing ArcGIS 10.1 for Server last week, and everything seemed to be running fine. Then, when I came in this morning, nothing works. My services won't load on my web app. When I try to get to Manager or my Services Directory I get the following message: "The remote device or resource won't accept the connection." When I try to start the ArcGIS Server service I get the following message: "Error 1069: The service did not start due to a logon failure."

Does anybody know what's going on here?

Thanks,

Justin
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
BubbaHey
Occasional Contributor III
Look at this article:

How to Troubleshoot Service Startup Permissions
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/259733

If you log in as another user do you get this error?
0 Kudos
JustinRiggs
New Contributor
Thanks for the link to the article. After reading it and talking to our sys admin, I think that we've got an issue with group policy, and that the right to log on as a service is being revoked for the arcgis user account. I've got a ticket in with our IT department, and a ticket in with ESRI. If I come up with a solution, I'll post it here.

On a side note, we discovered that if we add the arcgis user account to the administrators group, the ArcGIS Server service starts up with no problem. Unfortunately, IT won't allow us to keep the arcgis user in the administrators group. If you know or can think of any workaround, I'd be happy to hear it.
0 Kudos
DagStenkvist
New Contributor
I had exactly the same error message. I discovered that I had different pw:s on my arcgis account and
the ArcGis Server service. Setting the same password on my service as my arcgis acoount
solved my problem. Now my ArcGis Server service is up and running.

/Dag
0 Kudos
JianLiu
New Contributor III

Mine turned out to be the same problem as above. But I don't understand how this could have happened, and it happens frequently. Something is always changing the password saved to the service, and I have to manually change it back to the right one. How could this have happened??!

Dag Stenkvist​ Dag, did this happen to you too? Thanks.

0 Kudos
BenjaminDwinal
New Contributor II

I have the same problem.....

Azure VM, Windows Server 2012.  ArcGIS Server Service will start and stop immediately..... AGS 10.3.1 is currently unuseable on my VMs.

0 Kudos
JianLiu
New Contributor III

Mine is also a VM, Server 2008 R2, ArcGIS 10.3

It won't stop immediately after it's started though. It will be working fine. The problem is only at each startup -- the password will have to be changed...!!

0 Kudos