Cancel geometry request - Info Window

07-18-2012 07:53 AM
kylevalkenburg1
New Contributor
Is there a way to eliminate the call for feature's geometry, when all I want is the info window?!  I' having trouble because Internet Explorer quits when trying to get geometry o what are apparently pretty complex polygon boundaries....  I don't NEED to see a highlighted boundary, can I just tweak it so it skips tat part and just shows the info window?

Thanks
V
0 Kudos
2 Replies
HemingZhu
Occasional Contributor III
Is there a way to eliminate the call for feature's geometry, when all I want is the info window?!  I' having trouble because Internet Explorer quits when trying to get geometry o what are apparently pretty complex polygon boundaries....  I don't NEED to see a highlighted boundary, can I just tweak it so it skips tat part and just shows the info window?

Thanks
V

When you open the info window, you need specify the placement (point) of the info window. One option you can try is set up maxAllowableOffset to a big number so returned polygon get generalized and then get the centroid of the polygon as the placement of the info window.
0 Kudos
StephenLead
Regular Contributor III
Is there a way to eliminate the call for feature's geometry, when all I want is the info window?

Can you post a code sample?
0 Kudos