ArcGIS Server 10.1 Publishing Map Services issue

07-10-2012 05:27 AM
EyadHammad
New Contributor
Good day,

i have an issue when publishing a MAP document on ArcGIS Server 10.1 final release where i get a "Service Publishing Result" window reporting the following error after some time during publishing process: "ERROR 001272: Analyzer errors were encountered (codes = 7)." same MXD can publish on ArcGIS 10.0 with no problem.

during troubleshooting this issue, we found out that certain query expressions used to govern what feature shows and what scale, which are validated and correct, had to be removed for the publish operation to go through.

can you please tell me if there is a limitation in 10.1 when publishing MXD documents using query expressions ? how to overcome this issue ?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
JoanneParkinson
Esri Contributor
Hello Eyad,

I�??m sorry that you are not able to publish your mxd using ArcGIS Server 10.1. You shouldn�??t have any issues publishing mxds that contain valid definition queries. If the layer�??s definition query is invalid, analyzer error 7 (00007: Layer's definition query is invalid) should have appeared in the Prepare window, not after you attempted to publish. Can you provide the query syntax?

Thanks,

Joanne Parkinson
Esri Software Product Engineer
0 Kudos
EyadHammad
New Contributor
Hello there,

thanks for your reply.

we went ahead and re-visited the MXD taking a closer look at all the queries used and we found one using "=" instead of "is". when we fixed it we were able to publish. it would have been nice of the analyze step have spotted it or a more meaningful error was reported by the application.

thanks again

regards,
Eyad
0 Kudos
RachelS
Occasional Contributor III
Hi,
I am having this same error Error 001272:Analyzer errors were encountered (codes = 7,7,7,7,7,7) thats the 6 layers I have.
I've worked out it's a problem with the definition query on each of them, because when I remove it there is no error but my definition query is essential. It was built using the Query builder so not sure why there is a problem.
The query is a date (to show only records of 2012) and text query it's:
Date_Tested >= '2012-01-01 00:00:00' AND Colour = 'Blue'

On a closer look it's the date part of the query it has a problem with, but how else can I write a query for a Date field?
Many thanks
Rachel
0 Kudos
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi,
The query is a date (to show only records of 2012) and text query it's:
Date_Tested >= '2012-01-01 00:00:00' AND Colour = 'Blue'

FYI: the date query syntax is dependent on the underlying data source, for example SQL Server requires in one way while FileGBD does it another way.
0 Kudos
RachelS
Occasional Contributor III
FYI: the date query syntax is dependent on the underlying data source, for example SQL Server requires in one way while FileGBD does it another way.

Hi, My date syntax is for the sql server which is what my data is, surely when using query builder it builds it according to the underlying data source. I still can't see why it won't publish it when it's in the correct syntax for sql server!
0 Kudos