dugtoni

arcpy.MakeGraph issues

Discussion created by dugtoni on Jul 3, 2012
Latest reply on Dec 2, 2012 by amilt
Hey everyone,
I would really appreciate if anyone has any answers to some problems I am having in writing a python code to make a graph.  The first problem is when I try to make a vertical area graph.  The graph contains two series, which are climate data from two different points in time.  When I create a graph template with these two series they are original stacked on top of each other and it looks bad, so I changed the "multiple area type" from "Stacked" to "None".  Then I save this graph template, and use it as the input template for the arcpy.MakeGraph function.  However when I run this script the graph goes back to being stacked, even though the template is saved as a non-stacked vertical area graph.  I think this may be some sort of bug that has never been fixed.  Does anyone else know about this problem and a possible solution? 

The other issue that I am having is editing the legend in my graph.  Right now the legend has "Vertical Area" and "Vertical Area 2" as the series names.  I would like to be able to edit the names within my python code so that the names in the legend can correspond with the year of that particular climate data.  I know you are able to change the title of the legend within the python script, but can't figure out how to change the series names.  Could anyone possible help me with this?

Thank you very much for any help you can provide!!

Outcomes