jpregler

ArcGIS Server 10.1 Install Questions

Discussion created by jpregler on Jun 29, 2012
Latest reply on Jul 3, 2012 by demin
I did a install on our "prototype" server just to see how smooth the 10.0 to 10.1 server/sde/license manager upgrade would go.  I have a few questions/verifications:

1. The documentation indicates that integrating with a separate web server is no longer required, however we are running IIS.  Should I stick with IIS, since we have
existing web items?  I installed the web adaptor, and I try to get to the configuration page for it, but I get "Service Unavailable"

2. The setup wanted a "ArcGIS Server account" which is a new thing according to the documentation.  Since the SOM, SOC, and ArcGIS Web Service account are no longer
needed, can I delete them?  I am assuming I would then create a "ArcGIS Server account" domain account and user the server account utility to assign ArcGIS Server to that
account?  Can I just use my existing SOC or SOM account instead?

3. The documentation also indicates that special privileges need to be granted to this "ArcGIS Server account".  Does the "Server Account Utility" do that or is this something I
have to do manually?  The privileges that are listed as being required in the documentation are a little too vague.  Are there specific directories that the privileges should be assigned
to since we were already running Server 10.0?

4. It looks like the SDE services don't come over from 10.0 to 10.1.  I would have to recreate them.  Is that required?  All of our machines use a direct connection to get to SDE.  I don't
believe anyone uses the service, or it is used by the web.  I was confused on if I needed it or not.

5. Anything else I should now?  It seemed to quick and simple to be right.  :-)

Joe

Outcomes