Route Hatch Symbology - HOW?

06-29-2012 03:19 AM
BenSayers
New Contributor II
In previous versions of ArcGIS Server it was possible to publish an MXD and then consume this as a service, but now at 10.1 the ability to publish an MXD has been removed and one has to publish a service definition, which does not allow Route Hatch Symbology. The solutions suggested are remove the route hatching or remove the layer entirely, neither of which are a solution.
Working in the oil industry labelling polylineM layers is fundamental to the use of ArcGIS in managing Seismic Navigation Shot Points, can anyone suggest a way that I can display this shotpoints using ArcGIS Server? An example of a ArcGIS Server 10.0 service diaplying them can be seen here: http://maps.lynxinfo.co.uk/UKOGL_LIVE/map.html (zoom in close to the Green lines and the shotpoints aka hatches trigger).

Any help greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Ben Sayers
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
GregoryPierce
New Contributor II
I'm in the same boat.  I am no longer able to display our linear reference layer (stationing) along our pipelines due to this problem.  Has anyone come up with a solution to this?

Thanks,

Greg Pierce
Weber Basin Water Conservancy District
JackZHANG
Occasional Contributor II
One vote from me. It would be nice if ESRI could allow users to choose between functionality and performance rather than take away the functions that already been implemented by users because it makes AGS looks slow.