AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to make a customerized construction tool available only for one feature layer?

Question asked by huangs3 on Jun 25, 2012
Latest reply on Jun 27, 2012 by huangs3
Hi Everybody:

I am making a customerized feature contructor for a specific feature class. After starting edit, I want it to show up in the Construction Tools only for the template of that feature class (say, it has a unique name). However, the following document of Editor framework customerization doesn't provide this level of control...
http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/arcobjects-net/conceptualhelp/index.html#//0001000002nq000000

The document only tell a way to let the constructor show up for Point feature layers, Polyline feature layers, etc. Is there any trick for me to allow people to see that constructor only for the feature layer with the specific name?

There is an alternative but I don't like it: override the "Enable" property inherited from BaseCommand class to return true if and only if the current template is for the right feature layer. With this approach I can disable the constructor but cannot make it disappear...

Any better idea? Thank you!

Outcomes